As the winds pick up and nights in grow more and more appealing, there’s a trusty wardrobe staple that must eventually be called upon for winter-combating comfort and thermal support: knitwear.
Not only will the right knit save you from looking like a slightly tubby teddy bear, it’ll also provide much-needed protection from the elements. And this autumn/winter, there’s something for everyone when it comes to matters woollen.
So, part ways with that football hoody and stick to these simple rules to crush the cold in style this season.
1. Roll Necks
It’s hard to imagine a time before the roll neck’s comeback – what did we do without this trusty dress-up or -down workhorse in our wardrobes? Worn off-duty or on more special occasions, in lightweight cotton or warming wool, the roll neck remained a firm fixture at January’s London Collections: Men showcase.
At Pringle, they came dusk-coloured and slotted beneath patterned knits and tailored outerwear, whereas Belstaff went for guaranteed warmth with a variety of chunky gauge styles nestled neatly under leather biker jackets.
Get The Look
- RIVER ISLAND KNITTED ROLL NECK JUMPER
- TOPMAN BURGUNDY COTTON ROLL NECK JUMPER
- ARMANI JEANS CABLE-KNIT WOOL ROLL-NECK JUMPER
- JOHN SMEDLEY LODE MERINO WOOL AND CASHMERE-BLEND SWEATER
- UNIQLO MEN SOFT TOUCH POLO NECK LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRT
- REISS OBSERVATORY MERINO ROLL NECK JUMPER