November 27, 2023
Are you a transportation professional aspiring to move to Canada? In 2023, Canada has prioritized Transportation Occupations in its Express Entry program. Here’s a detailed guide on how transportation professionals can take advantage of this opportunity.
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating Your Express Entry Profile
- Show Your Interest: Create an online Express Entry profile in your IRCC Secure Account, highlighting your qualifications as a transportation professional.
- Placement in the Express Entry Pool: If eligible for Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, or Canadian Experience Class, you will be placed in the Express Entry pool.
- Check Your CRS Score: Your profile will be assigned a score in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Keep track of your score in your IRCC account.
- Eligible Candidates Identified for Transportation Occupations: Canada will identify eligible candidates for the Transportation Occupations category based on their Express Entry profiles.
- Ranking Your Express Entry Profile: Eligible candidates will be ranked based on their CRS scores, determining their position in the pool.
- Category-Based Round of Invitations: Canada will conduct a round of invitations, inviting top-ranking Transportation Professionals to apply for permanent residence. For 2023, the categories include French-language proficiency, Transportation occupations, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations, Trade occupations, and Agriculture and agri-food occupations.
- Apply for Permanent Residence: If invited, submit your application within 60 days for a specific program in Express Entry.
- Decision on Your Application: A decision will be made based on program eligibility, profile accuracy, category eligibility, and admissibility.
Who Is Eligible as a Transportation Professional?
To be eligible for a category-based draw as a transportation professional, you must meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including eligibility for one of the three covered immigration programs.
Eligibility for Transportation Occupations Category:
To be eligible, you must:
- Accumulate at least 6 months of full-time, continuous work experience in a single occupation listed in the provided Transportation Professional list.
- Have this experience within the past 3 years in Canada or abroad.
- Fulfill all requirements specified in the instructions for that round.
Transportation Professional Occupations:
- Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
- Transport truck drivers
- Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators
- Engineer officers, water transport
- Deck officers, water transport
- Air traffic controllers and related occupations
- Air pilots, flight engineers, and flying instructors
- Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
- Railway carmen/women
- Managers in transportation